Error message when loading SPSS Data into Onyx

Ωnyx Foren Onyx Helpdesk Error message when loading SPSS Data into Onyx

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Autor
    admin
    Administrator

Hey There

I’m trying to calculat an LCSM with Onyx but at the moment I’m not even able to load my dataset (SPSS) into Onyx. I already tried the .sav and the .csv format (just like they said in the FAQ („How can i load data form SPSS in Onyx“). But every time I just get the error message: „java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 “

What do I rong?

I really appreciate any help.
    Thank you and best regards
    Vanja

admin
    Administrator

Hi Vanja,

welcome to Onyx ! It should work with the .csv format; my first guess would be that there is a translation problem, as for example some translation from MAC to Windows or the like. Could you mail be the first few lines of the .csv file? I could then take a look and probably solve the problem.

Cheers,

Timo

admin
    Administrator

Hi Timo

Thank you very much for your responds. This Weekend I tried onec again to enter my Dataset into Onyx and I don’t know why but some how it worked (although I made the same thing like bevor). It’s maybe a new years mistery 😉
    But mabe you can explain me somthing else. When I save a model and the day afther I want to modify the model it doesn’t work anymor. When I want to see the results it always tells me: Stating value set.

That means for me, when I want to change somthing in a saved model I have always creat a new model?
    Is that normal or are there some way to avoid this?

Happy New Year

Vanja

admin
    Administrator

Hi Vanja,

the saved model will not save the ML solution, that is, it only represents the structure of the model, but not the paramter values. There are two solutions: You can just reload your data set, too, and send it to the model again (by right-clicking on the data set and choosing „send data to model“). The previous parameter results should be saved in the model, so the estimation will be really quick (as it starts on what is the ‚best‘ solution). Alternatively, you can save the „summary estimate“; if you right-click on the model and choose „show estimate summary“, it opens the frame with all the results in text format; you can then right-click on that frame and choose „save script“ to save this text, and later open it with a text editor.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Timo

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Das Forum „Onyx Helpdesk“ ist für neue Themen und Antworten geschlossen.